Easter Break Housing Information
During Easter Break, all residence halls will be closed and locked on Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 10:00 p.m.
- All residents must be out of the residence halls, Suites, and apartments by 10:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
- Residents are not permitted to re-enter until 12:00pm (noon) on Monday, April 2, 2018.
- It is the responsibility of each resident to plan his or her own travel accordingly to comply with this policy.
The residence halls and apartments that will be available for pre-approved residents are Fennell, McDermott, McVinney, St. Joseph, Meagher, DiTraglia, Mal Brown, Davis, Bedford, and the odd side of Suites Hall.
You may be eligible to stay for Easter Break if you are…
- In-season student athlete
- Student Teacher
- International Student
- Student whose home state is an extreme distance
- Employed on campus (supervisor and department must be included on request)
- Academic-based internship for credit (internship site and hours must be included on request)
- You can request to stay later than 10:00pm if you have a class on Wednesday evening
How can I request Easter Break housing?
All requests must be submitted by logging into Residence and submitting the Break Housing Application. All requests must be received by Wednesday, April 4, 2018. After April 4th, the request form will no longer be available. Any request submitted after April 4th will not be eligible for consideration.
What if I live in a residence hall not open over break?
If you live in the even side of Suites, Aquinas, Guzman, or Raymond, you will need to find housing in an alternate location. Halls that will remain open include Fennell, McDermott, McVinney, St. Joseph, Meagher, DiTraglia, Mal Brown, Davis, Bedford, and the odd side of Suites Hall.
- Identify a room located in an open hall.
- Provide all the roommate codes for the residents of that temporary location on the Break Housing Request Form.
- Please remember that it is your responsibility to receive the combo (or door lock card access from Residence Life) to the room in which you will be temporarily housed.
- Additionally, in submitting the form, you are accepting responsibility to leave the room as in the same condition as you found it. Any damages incurred will be your responsibility.
Submitting a request DOES NOT guarantee that your request has been approved.
The Office of Residence Life will review requests beginning on April th, 2018. You will receive an email via your PC email account advising you of the status of your request. If you need confirmation that your request is received and/or approved prior to April 4th, please contact the Office of Residence Life.
You are reminded…
Any student found to be occupying campus housing without authorization during any part of the Easter Break will be assessed a $200.00 per day penalty in addition to possible judicial sanctions.
Residents who are approved for break housing are reminded that visitation ends at midnight every night of the break, no overnight visitors are allowed — regardless of whether or not they are enrolled at Providence College. Residents are reminded that if they do not follow established procedures for this period, they could be removed from campus for the remainder of the break period. The Providence College Student Handbook applies during break/vacation housing.
We wish all members of the PC community a Blessed Easter!
The Office of Residence Life