2017 Thanksgiving Break Housing Information
During the Thanksgiving Break, certain residence halls will be closed and locked on Tuesday, November 21, 2017 at 10:00 p.m. All residents must be out of the closed residence halls by 10:00 p.m. on November 22, 2017 and are not permitted to re-enter until 12:00pm (noon) on Sunday, November 26, 2017. It is the responsibility of each resident to plan their own travel accordingly to comply with this policy.
The residence halls and apartments that will be available for pre-approved residents are Fennell, McDermott, McVinney, Meagher, St. Joseph, the apartments (DiTraglia, Mal Brown, Davis, and Bedford), and the odd side of Suites Hall.
You may be eligible to stay for Thanksgiving Break if you are…
- Academic class that ends after 10:00pm on Tuesday, November 21st
- An athlete on an athletic team in season
- Student Teacher
- International Student
- Student whose home state is an extreme distance
- Employed on campus (supervisor and department must be included on request)
- Academic-based internship for credit (internship site and hours must be included on request)
How can I request Thanksgiving Break housing?
All requests must be submitted by logging into Residence and submitting the 2017 Thanksgiving Break Housing Application. All requests must be received by Tuesday, November 14, 2017. After November 14, 2017, the request form will no longer be available. Any request submitted after November 14, 2017 will not be eligible for consideration.
What if I live in a residence hall not open over break?
- If you live on the even side of Suites Hall, Aquinas, Guzman, Cunningham, or Raymond, you will need to find housing in an alternate location. Halls that will remain open include Fennell, McDermott, McVinney, Meagher, St. Joseph, the odd side of Suites Hall, and the apartments (DiTraglia, Mal Brown, Davis, and Bedford).
- Identify a room located in an open hall.
- Provide all the roommate codes for the residents of that temporary location on the 2017 Thanksgiving Break Housing Request Form.
- Please remember that it is your responsibility to receive the combo (or door lock card access from Residence Life) to the room in which you will be temporarily housed.
- Additionally, in submitting the form, you are accepting responsibility to leave the room as in the same condition as you found it. Any damages incurred will be your responsibility.
Submitting a request DOES NOT guarantee that your request has been approved.
The Office of Residence Life will review requests beginning on November 14, 2017. You will receive an email via your PC email account advising you of the status of your request.
You are reminded…
Any student found to be occupying campus housing without authorization during any part of the Thanksgiving break will be assessed a $200.00 per day penalty in addition to possible judicial sanctions.
Residents who are approved for break housing are reminded that visitation ends at midnight every night of the break, no overnight visitors are allowed — regardless of whether or not they are enrolled at Providence College. Residents are reminded that if they do not follow established procedures for this period, they could be removed from campus for the remainder of the break period. The Providence College Student Handbook applies during break/vacation housing.
We wish all members of the PC community a wonderful Thanksgiving Break!
The Office of Residence Life