Winter Break Housing Information
During the Winter Break period all residence halls, suites, and apartments will be closed and locked on Saturday, December 16, 2017 at 7:00 p.m.
- All residents must be out of the residence halls, Suites, and apartments by 7:00pm on December 16, 2017.
- Residents are not permitted to re-enter until 12:00pm (noon) on Monday, January 15, 2018.
- It is the responsibility of each resident to plan their own travel accordingly to comply with this policy.
You may be eligible for permission to stay if you are…
- In-season student athlete
- Student Teacher
- International Student
- Home state is an extreme distance
- Employed on campus (supervisor must provide email verifying hours)
- Academic-based internship for credit (internship supervisor must provide email verifying hours)
- Enrolled in a Winter Session course (course registration must be provided via email)
Submitting a request DOES NOT guarantee that your request will be approved.
How can I request Winter Break Housing?
All requests must be submitted by logging into Residence and submitting the Winter Break Housing Application. All requests must be received a week prior to your requested date(s) and no later than Friday, December 8, 2017. Any request submitted after Friday, December 8, 2017 will not be eligible for consideration.
What if I live in a residence hall not open over break?
- If you live in Aquinas, Guzman, the even side of Suites, Cunningham, or Raymond, you will need to find housing in an alternate location. Halls that will remain open include McDermott, McVinney, St. Joseph, Meagher, the odd side of Suites, and the apartments (DiTraglia, Mal Brown, Davis, and Bedford).
- Identify a room located in an open hall.
- Provide all the roommate codes for the residents of that temporary location on the Winter Break Housing Request Form.
- Please remember that it is your responsibility to receive the combo (or door lock card access from Residence Life) to the room in which you will be temporarily housed.
- Additionally, in submitting the form, you are accepting responsibility to leave the room as in the same condition as you found it. Any damages incurred will be your responsibility.
What is the cost for Winter Break Housing?
There is no cost for students who have been pre-approved for winter break housing. Any student found to be occupying campus housing without authorization during any part of the Winter Break will be assessed a $200.00 per day penalty in addition to possible judicial sanctions.
Wishing all of you a very blessed Holiday Season!
The Office of Residence Life