First Year Student Move-In Information
Class of 2023
Welcome to Friartown!
All members of the class of 2023 are scheduled to move onto campus and begin orientation on Thursday, August 22nd unless you have been approved to participate in any of the following pre-orientation programs:
- International Student Welcome Program: Students participating in the mandatory International Student Welcome Program are scheduled to move onto campus on Friday, August 16th. Students are asked to arrive to campus between 9:00am and 6:00pm and report directly to the Office of Dean of Undergraduate Studies in Harkins Hall 213 to check in for the program and to receive access to your residence hall. Students with an F-1 visa must also bring their passport and form I-20 with them for check in.
- Urban Action: Students participating in the Urban Action program are scheduled to move onto campus on Saturday, August 17th between 9:00am and noon. Students are asked to arrive through the Huxley Avenue gate and report to the Slavin Center (Concannon entrance) to check in for the program and to receive access to your residence hall. Urban Action student coordinators will be there to greet you.
- FaithWorks: Students participating in FaithWorks are scheduled to move onto campus on Saturday, August 17th between 8:30am and 11:00am. Students are asked to arrive through the Huxley Avenue gate and report to the rear of Raymond Hall to check in for the program and to receive access to your residence hall. FaithWorks student coordinators and campus ministry staff will be there to greet you. (In the case of inclement weather, registration will occur in the Raymond Dining Hall Lobby.)
- Multicultural Student Summer Transitions Program: Students participating in the New Student Transitions program are scheduled to move onto campus on Saturday, August 17th. Students are asked to arrive to campus between 8:00am-11:00am and to report directly to the Concannon Atrium to check in for the program and to receive access to your residence hall. There will also be a welcome reception for parents at 3:00pm in Slavin 112.
- Advising Day: Students participating in the August 21st Advising & Registration Day program (who have not already moved into their residence halls for pre-Orientation programming) are scheduled to move onto campus the morning of August 22nd. Students are asked to arrive on campus between 8:30am and 10:30am and report to the Office of Residence Life in Slavin Center 105 to receive access to their residence halls. Upon checking in at residence life, students will be able to begin moving into their rooms. Registration for the orientation program will begin at 11:30am in the Slavin Center. Please refer to the orientation website for a schedule of that day’s required activities.
Schedule for Students Arriving to Campus on August 22nd
Arrival Time by Room Number:
- Odd Room Numbers (i.e. 101, 223, 807) between 7:00am and 10:30am
- Even Room Numbers (i.e. 102, 224, 808) between 10:30am and 2:00pm
Upon arrival, students should report directly to their residence hall to check-in. Once students have checked-in and brought their items into their rooms, students are asked to report to the Slavin Center to check-in for the Orientation program.
Move-In Temporary Parking Permit and Parking Procedures
In order to make your move-in experience as smooth as possible, the Department of Public Safety will have the following traffic pattern in operation for August 22nd.
- For all first year student residences (Guzman, McDermott, McVinney, Meagher, Raymond, Fennell and St. Joseph) enter via the Eaton Street Control Station, located at 61 Eaton St., opposite Radcliff Avenue.
- The officer assigned to the gate will direct you. The campus will have a one-way system in place and Public Safety will assist you in getting around the campus, and off the campus, to the proper lot after you unload your vehicle.
- Please remember to have your residence hall, room # and cell phone information displayed on your Move-In Day Parking Permit and placed on your dashboard as you enter campus. The parking permit will be emailed to students directly prior to August 22nd.
The Department of Public Safety will have a full complement of officers available for your assistance during the move-in period. Do not hesitate to ask questions if you feel unsure about the move-in process, or any other security related issues. Please activate your emergency flashers while dropping off your personal items at your residence hall.
If you have any questions regarding moving into your residence hall, please contact the Office of Residence Life & Housing at email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding the orientation program, please contact the Orientation office at 401-865-1085 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you to Friartown!
Move-In Information for Returning Students (classes of 2020, 2021, and 2022)