Study Abroad Housing Options
Housing Policy for Study Abroad and the Washington Semester Program
- Students who have been approved for study abroad and require on-campus housing for either the fall or spring semester must choose an option and notify Residence Life through the housing application/selection process.
- Students that do not select one of the following options prior to or during the housing application/selection process will forfeit their right to study abroad for the next academic year.
- Students are only responsible for the housing costs during the semester that they reside in campus housing.
- Students who study abroad for the entire academic year (both fall and spring semesters) do not need to participate in the housing selection process.
To be considered a complete group for housing selection:
The Apartment/Suite needs to be at ideal occupancy in the Fall semester.
Co-sign with a student who is studying abroad the opposite semester
- Identify another student who is studying abroad in the opposite semester
Example – if you are abroad in the fall, identify a student who is abroad in the spring and co-register for housing.
Voluntarily overcrowd for one semester in Apartments/Suites
- Apartments and Suites may be at maximum occupancy by no more than 1 person beyond the ideal occupancy
Example – Applying for a 4 person Apartment/Suite, then choosing maximum occupancy for 5 people.
Example – Applying for a 6 person Apartment/Suite, then choosing maximum occupancy for 7 people.
- Maximum Occupancy groups in the fall semester will go through housing selection first.
- Groups will select from Apartments and Suites configured for maximum occupancy.
- Please note that groups who choose maximum occupancy do not get a financial rebate.
*Apartment/Suite must be fully occupied in the Fall*
Residence Life reserves the right to assign students as needed to any regular open beds if the Apartment or Suite drops below the ideal capacity (below 6 or 4).
Allow Residence Life to place you
- Complete a “Study Abroad/Washington Semester Housing Form” during the housing application process.
- Residence Life will notify you of your housing assignment prior to returning from study abroad.