Early Arrival - Fall 2017
The Office of Residence Life facilitates early arrival for the fall semester for students with exceptional circumstances or those required to return to campus early. Approvals are also decided on the basis of available facilities.
In order to facilitate a smooth move in for all, please be reminded of the move-in schedule for on-campus residents:
- Thursday, August 24th, 2017: All freshmen and transfer students arrive (unless you are participating in a pre-orientation program)
- Sunday, August 27th, 2017: All sophomore, junior, and senior residents arrive
Students are reminded that they are to plan their travel accordingly for arrival on their scheduled move-in date.
You may be eligible for permission to return early if you…
- Have an exceptional travel distance that is more than a five hour drive from campus. Local residents are NOT eligible for early return. This includes those students residing in New York or the New England area of Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine.
- Are required to return early due to participation in a recognized sport or student activity that has been approved for early move-in by Residence Life. If you are a member of a group that is required to return early, please follow the instructions below. The Athletic Department or faculty/staff advisors will provide Residence Life with an approved list of all students that need to return early; once that list has been received, requests can be considered.
How can I request early return?
All requests must be submitted by logging into Residence and submitting the Early Arrival Application:
- Log onto http://providence-residence.symplicity.com.
- Forgot your password? Click the “forgot password link” and clear your web browser’s cache.
- Click on the Early Arrival Application, complete the information, and submit the form.
- All requests must be received by Monday, August 14th. After August 14th, the request form will no longer be available.
Submitting a request DOES NOT guarantee that your request has been approved.
The Office of Residence Life will review requests beginning on August 14th. You will receive an email via your PC email account advising you of the status of your request. If your request has been approved, the email will also advise you on check-in procedures.
You are reminded…
The Office of Residence Life and the Physical Plant reserve the right to enter any student room/apartment for safety and maintenance reasons. Students are reminded that Providence College does not assume liability for loss or damage to the personal property of a student whether the College is in session or on holiday.
All campus residents who receive approval for early arrival agree to follow the procedures established for break/vacation housing. Visitation ends at 12 midnight each night during the break, until regular academic year visitation hours commence. No overnight guests or parties are permitted. Additionally, a guest is defined as any PC or non-PC student who has not been approved for early arrival. Students should be aware that if they do not follow established procedures for this period they could be removed from campus for the remainder of the period.
Any student found to be occupying campus housing without authorization prior to his/her assigned move-in date may be assessed a $200.00 per day penalty in addition to disciplinary referral.
What if I have questions?
If you have questions regarding early arrival that have not been addressed on this page or are of an urgent nature, please contact the Office of Residence Life at (401) 865-2392.
Since the College cannot accommodate all early arrival requests, we recommend contacting the following local hotels if you require lodging prior to your designated move-in day.
Courtyard by Marriott Downtown32 Exchange Terrace, Providence, RI 02903Phone: 401.272.1191 or 888.887.7955Fax: 401.272.1416www.courtyard.com/pvddt
Providence Biltmore Hotel11 Dorrance Street, Providence, RI 02903Phone: 401.421.0700 or 800.294.7709Fax: 401.455.3050www.providencebiltmore.com
Providence MarriottOne Orms Street, Providence, RI 02903Phone: 401.272.2400 or 800.937.7768Fax: 401.273.2686www.marriottprovidence.com
The WestinOne West Exchange Street, Providence, RI 02903Phone: 401.598.8000Fax: 401.598.8290www.westinprovidence.com