2024/25 Academic Year
The Housing Selection process takes place in the spring for the upcoming academic year. In order to participate in Housing Selection, students must pay the Housing Security Deposit, submit a Housing Application, and, if desired, form Roommate Groups. Please see below for more details about this year’s process.
All Class of 2027 students must reside on campus or be approved for Commuter Status (commuting from the home of a parent or guardian ).
Class of 2026 students must reside on campus or be approved for Commuter Status (commuting from the home of a parent or guardian) unless they have received permission from the Office of Residence Life to reside off campus. Students should not sign leases unless they have been approved by the Office of Residence Life & Housing to live off campus.
Students who have been approved for Fall or Spring Study Abroad must make a housing deposit regardless of being on campus for only one semester. Click here for more information about Study Abroad.
Requests for Residential Accommodations should be submitted on time for full consideration. More information is available on the Residential Accommodations page.
Vector Student Life Online Education Courses: February 4
Class of 2026 and 2027 students must have completed all assigned Student Life Vector Education online courses by February 4th in order to participate in Housing Selection. Students received emails about these programs in January. Students can check their Vector Education Online Dashboard to see the status of their assigned courses. Questions about the Vector Education assignments can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing Security Deposit: March 21 – April 5
- The Housing Security deposit of $200 is to be paid between March 21st and April 5th on your CyberFriar account.
- The $200 Housing Security Deposit reserves a student’s space in housing selection as well as secures funds for any damages (building, floor, and/or room) that are incurred during the current academic year. Students who accumulate building, floor, and/or room damages less than $200 will be credited the difference. Students whose damages exceed $200 will be billed for the remaining balance.
- The Housing Security Deposit is required by any rising Sophomore, Junior, and Senior student wishing to live on campus for the upcoming academic school year. Incoming first-year students do not need to pay a Housing Security Deposit.
How do I submit the $200 Housing Security Deposit?
- Student logs onto CyberFriar.
- Select Student Services.
- Select Bursar’s Office.
- Click on “Housing Deposit $200”
- Payment is made with an e-check by entering a checking account number and routing number (see image below). An e-check will create an ACH transaction to your checking account. Payments made using an e-check are handled the same as a paper check.
Housing Applications: Due by April 2
Housing Applications are currently available on eRezlife for those who are living on campus next year. Students living on campus for the Fall semester are to fill out the Fall 2024 On Campus application through their eRezlife account. Study Abroad Fall students do not fill out the housing application or take part in the Fall semester housing selection as they are living on campus during the spring semester.
Students taking part in the Fall Semester Housing Selection process must compete the application by April 2nd. Use these links for more information about the Housing Application process and forming Roommate Groups. You do not need a finalized group in order to submit your application.
Housing Selection (by class year, April 4 – April 23)
- Senior Housing Selection Day is on Thursday, April 4th. Senior selection times will be emailed on Tuesday, April 2nd.
- Junior Housing Selection Day is on Tuesday, April 9th. Junior selection times will be emailed on Friday, April 5th.
- Sophomore Housing Selection Day is on Tuesday, April 23rd. Sophomore selection times will be emailed on Friday, April 19th.
Please contact the Office of Residence Life & Housing at 401.865.2392 or email@example.com for general questions.