Study Abroad Housing Information
Housing for Study Abroad and the Washington Semester Program
Housing Deposits and Applications
- Students who have been approved for Fall or Spring Study Abroad must make a housing deposit regardless of living on campus for only one semester.
- Students who study abroad for the entire academic year (both Fall and Spring semesters) do not need to put in a housing deposit or submit a housing application.
- Students are only responsible for the housing costs during the semester that they reside in campus housing.
Roommate Housing Groups
- Only complete groups take part in Housing Selection. The Housing location is occupied in both the fall and spring semester.
- Residence Life will help fill any open Fall or Spring semester slot to complete a group. If a group is not “complete” then the group will not be able to pick housing. Incomplete groups are to schedule a meeting with Kevin Hillery, email@example.com , to go over housing options and potential roommates.
- Study Abroad Fall students do not take part in Housing Selection as they are not living on campus in the Fall semester, however, they to be part of a group that picks housing. If a Study Abroad Fall student is not matched with a Study Abroad Spring student, then their housing assignment will be completed by Residence Life after Housing Selection. Residence Life guarantees housing on campus for a Study Abroad Fall student that is not matched with a Study Abroad Spring student. Residence Life does not guarantee students will be placed in their requested housing or with a requested group. Housing depends on what is available after Housing Selection.
- Incomplete Groups will not be able to pick on Housing Selection Day. Students in incomplete groups will be notified of their housing placement after May 1st, 2023. Residence Life will assist with completing groups by drawing from the pool of incomplete groups.
- Rosters are set at the end of Housing Selection. Students that withdraw from study abroad after the Housing Selection process forfeit their housing assignment and are subject to reassignment at the discretion of Residence Life.
- Students that are full year but will be living in different locations each semester should form a group where they are living in the Fall semester in ErezLife. Then the student is to email Kevin Hillery (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the names of the students they plan to live with in the Spring semester. Please keep in mind that each group you are with must fill both semesters or you will be part of an incomplete group and subject to placement by Residence Life.
- There will not be any half-year slot groups placed in housing before all students take part in Housing Selection. For example, a group of four study abroad fall students will not be offered a four-person suite or apartment before all students take part in Housing Selection.