PC Hybrid Housing are houses or apartments owned by Providence College that are located within walking distance to the campus. The housing program is for seniors only through an application process.
Hybrid Housing Application Process
- Pay a $200 Housing Deposit through Cyberfriar
- Create a 2023 Fall Housing application and form a group if applicable.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org a response to the following questions:
- Why is hybrid housing important to you to live in?
- What plan do you have to maintain and respect the hybrid house environment?
- In what specific ways will you respect the neighboring community?
The application can come from one representative speaking on behalf of the group; by submitting the application the representative acknowledges they have consulted with the group, and the group consents and agrees to the statements written. Please include each name of the group at the bottom of the application as signature of all members of the group.
Hybrid Housing Costs and Benefits
- The Housing cost for Hybrid is a 2 Bedroom Suite rate. Please see the current housing costs listed on the Bursar’s office website.
- Heat, electricity, cable (basic college package), and internet costs are covered by your housing rate.
- Parking is available at your Hybrid House. If on-site parking is full to capacity then a free on-campus parking space will be provided.
- You do not need to have a meal plan living in Hybrid Housing. All Hybrid housing comes with a full kitchen.
- Most bedrooms in Hybrid are singles. There is no price difference with double occupancy rooms.
- Payment of your Hybrid Housing is the same as if you are living on campus. Any questions about payment or Financial Aid should be directed toward those specific offices.
- There is a washer and dryer in each Hybrid House.
- Hybrid Housing maintenance is reported through the Physical Plant. The Physical Plant furnishes and makes all the necessary repairs to the Providence College owned houses.
- Occupancy is within the Academic Calendar year and follows the procedures for Break Housing as if you are living on campus.
- Occupants of Hybrid Housing are responsible for bringing out and in the trash/recycle bins in accordance to Providence City schedule. Any fine assessed by the Providence City will be paid for by the Hybrid occupants after a Providence College Judicial inquiry.
- All Policies in the Student Handbook apply to Hybrid Housing.