Providence College residence halls close during during Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring, and Easter breaks. It is the responsibility of each resident to plan their own travel in accordance with this schedule. Students must have vacated their rooms by the times listed below and return no sooner than the times listed below.
Break Housing Policy
Break housing will be provided for students who meet the stated criteria for remaining on campus during breaks, apply for break housing on eRezLife, and are approved. Break housing application links will be posted on the Housing Calendar website page and on eRezLife in advance of hall closings, and it is students’ responsibility to submit the application within the stated time frame. Just because you apply for break housing does not mean you are approved. Learn more about the Break Housing Policy here.
Early Arrival Policy
It is the responsibility of students to plan their travel in accordance with their assigned move-in dates and in accordance with the Residence Life Housing Calendar. Only a limited number of early arrival requests are granted, and students must meet certain criteria. More information about Early Arrival is available here.
Fall 2022 Housing Calendar
- Thanksgiving Break Closing: Tuesday, November 22, 2022, by 8:00PM
- Thanksgiving Break Opening: Sunday, November 27, 2022, starting at 12:00PM
- Thanksgiving Break Housing Application: Available on eRezLife
- Winter Break Closing: 24 Hours after your last final exam, or Friday, December 16, 2022 at 8:00PM.
- Winter Break Housing Application: Available on eRezLife
Spring 2023 Housing Calendar
- Spring 2023 Semester Opening: Monday, January 16, 2023, starting at 12:00PM
- Spring Semester Early Arrival Application: Available on eRezLife
- Spring Break Closing: Friday, March 3, 2023, by 8:00PM
- Spring Break Opening: Sunday, March 12, 2023, starting at 12:00PM
- Spring Break Housing Application: Apply Now on eRezLife
- Easter Break Closing: Wednesday, April 5, 2023, by 8:00PM
- Easter Break Opening: Monday, April 10, 2023, starting at 12:00PM
- Easter Break Housing Application: Apply now on eRezLife
- Spring 2023 Semester Closing (Non-Graduating Residents): 24 Hours after your Final Exam or by Friday, May 12, 2023, at 8:00PM
- Spring 2023 Semester Closing (Graduating Residents): Monday, May 23, 2023, by 12:00PM
- Senior Week/Commencement Week Housing Application: Apply now on eRezLife
- Graduating Seniors DO NOT need to submit a request to remain on campus during Senior Week/Commencement Week.
- Resident students who are Student Athletes or are members of Friars Club, Liturgical Choir, Sacristan, ROTC Honor Guard, Student Congress Executive Board or are a Commencement Assistant Volunteer must connect with their group leader about housing. The group leader is to email the approved group to Kevin Hillery at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5th. Students on the group leaders list to Kevin Hillery do not need to fill out the Commencement Week Housing Application on eRezLife.
- Non-graduating resident students who are not a member of one of the organizations listed above are to submit an eRezLife Commencement Week Housing application for permission to stay on campus from 5/14 to 5/22.
- All students who are granted housing for Senior/Commencement Week must be completely moved out of campus housing by the deadline provided to them by the Office of Residence Life & Housing.
- Unauthorized occupancy of campus housing can result in a $200.00 fine per day in addition to possible disciplinary action.